September 19, 2008
So the anti-Conservative crowd has created a Facebook group dedicated to helping people trade votes, the better to support the usual "Stop Harper" rabble. I must admit, it's a creative use of modern technology to (try to) make a difference in an election.
However, I am deeply, deeply disturbed by the possibly that someone might try to manipulate this noble process. Therefore, I would like to urge my fellow Conservative supporters to follow this advice:
- DO NOT go to Facebook.com
- DO NOT sign up for multiple accounts
- DO NOT join the Anti-Harper Vote Swap Canada group
- DO NOT claim to be an NDP/Green supporter living in a Conservative vs. Liberal swing riding.
- And definitely DO NOT promise Liberal supporters that you will vote for their party, in exchange for them voting NDP/Green.
I hope you will take this advice. And more importantly, I hope the kind of people who would want to participate in this kind of thing might realize how incredibly stupid it is.
Labels: strategic voting